Creating your own business card design online can be frustrating experience for some because people wants high quality business cards without really understanding what makes a quality business card, consequently, many business people are not happy with results.
There are plenty of business card design online sites you can create your own business cards online (DIY) for a fraction of the cost. Every one of them claims they can get you the cards for under $10 then the question comes next.
- Is this business card good enough for the important meeting or can I get what I want done to the card?
- Is this card thick enough?
- Can I can place my own logo?
- Can I add my own graphic?
- What about my own photo image?
- Do I have time to mess with another online business card designing interface can’t seem to understand?
- How do I place my logo that I got it from my web designer?
The answer is “Yes. you can design the business cards online, but then, it’s not that simple.” Here is why.
- Background template. Most online custom business card design tool is dictated by a fancy background leaves you with very little room to add the text or another image on the card. Moreover, when you use dark color as a background then likely you need to reverse the text color over the area so that letters and phone number can stand out.
- Logo. Just ask yourself, what is more import to you, a logo of your business on the card or the fancy background that dominates half the card. Do you want a very small logo on the card or a logo that properly represent your business brand you are trying to achieve? In many cases, just type in your business name on the card and call it a day.
- Add other Graphics or photo image. How can you place the photo image over the background image without having a white background of the photo image? In most cases, you can’t place another image over the background. You will need hire a graphics professional help who understands how these business cards online designing tool works
- Card Thickness. Many business cards online websites offer 10pt 12pt papers. That’s far below today’s industry standard of 14pt or 16pt papers.
- Pertinent Information Text Space. Most online business card templates don’t have much space for your pertinent business card information such as your length email address, URL address, multiple contact information, or your list of services. Again, your online business card template is dominated by the graphical elements.
Instead of selecting a template some kind, start out with a blank template, then generally place your pertinent information on the layout. Next, place the graphical or photo image on the card. This way you are not restricted over the existing template working space.